Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Note:  This email is from Father's Day.  Lack of WiFi and utter exhaustion are to blame for the tardiness of this post.

This Father's Day was like no other.  Kerry and I drove to Shreveport and enjoyed the entire weekend with Dad and Suzanne sans John and Clay.  We love having our husbands around, but Clay was out of town at a skeet shoot and John was out of town at a board meeting.  Kerry and I soaked up some serious sun and Dad time.  We attempted to treat Dad to a little home cooking.  We made tomato bisque and had smoked salmon and bagels.  I made a smoked Gouda and rosemary mac & cheese and it was really amazing.  I should not have admitted to Dad that there was heavy cream in my pasta.  I think Suzanne loved it until she learned the truth about it's decadence. 

I'm a tad proud at my Father's Day gift this year.  First of all, Dad and Suzanne have a pool, so new swim trunks were in order.  We got him some super cute polo plaid trunks that are reversible.  The reverse side is orange.  They are cute--I promise.  As for his "other" gift, we bought him an electric fly swatter.  Say what you will, but he LOVED it.  I knew he would.  I can't think of anything Dad hates more than mosquitoes.  I have been pushed out of his front or back door before because he was afraid that bugs were getting in.  He has a mosquito mist system installed at his new house, but he still has some mosquitoes that "like to hide out behind his grill and T.V."  So, when we saw this little gadget at a friend's house, we knew it would be a hit.  Dad now has a closet full of said electric mosquito swatters.  If you are lucky, he'll let you use one and kill mosquitoes with him.  When he got it, he ran straight outside to see if it would work.  It worked so well that he was literally looking for mosquitoes.  Suzanne said, "I'm going to pray for more mosquitoes because he is so happy right now!" 

P.S. I have a great video of Dad gleefully electrocuting hundreds of mosquitos.  Unfortunately, I had technical difficulties loading it to said blog.

To die for smoked gouda and rosemary pasta.

The best Father's Day gift ever!



No comments:

Post a Comment