Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Grilled Salad!

Let me just say that I can't believe I am posting so much about food.  Is this what my life has come to?  Ha!  Um, yes...it has, indeed.  Oh well, read below for a decadent twist on salad.

My dear friend, Sarah Beth, told me about how her parents love to grill anything-fish, chicken, beef, salad.  What?  Salad?  Why, yes, she said.  "My parents grill everything, even salad!"  "Do tell," I said! 

Long story short, you take the whole romaine, wash, dry and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Next step is to stick it on the grill and let it get a little charred on all sides.  Remove from heat, slice in half and sprinkle with your favorite toppings.  It was really delicious, and I thought it was pretty.  I can't wait to serve this for a fun outdoor party!

Grilled Romaine

Toppings

The finished product.  I realize the photo is turned on it's side.  It might or might not get corrected!

No comments:

Post a Comment