Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day Dad!  We celebrated Father's Day one weekend late.  It was just as special and we all had a great time. 

As usual, our time together revolved solely around food.  We are foodies and not ones to miss a meal.  Lunch on Saturday was at Zsa Zsa's.  You can't beat their steak salad and wood fired pizzas.  I always want to have their homemade gelato for dessert but am always too full.  One day...one day I will get my dessert!  Pre-dinner cocktails and appetizers were at our house.  John and I had too much fun putting our spread together.  Blue cheese stuffed olives, grape leaves, marinated tomatoes/mozzarella balls, jarlsberg and fontina cheese with some hard salami rounded out the menu.  I am a sucker for a good cheese spread.  We went the Italian route because dinner was at Vesuvio's Italian Bistro-hands down the best Italian food in Little Rock (or at least of what I've experienced thus far).  We have been talking this place up so much, that I must admit I was nervous that it wouldn't live up to the hype.  I am happy to report that it did!  John and I both got the spaghetti guitara.  Words cannot express my love for this dish--homemade egg noodles with sauteed shitake mushrooms and the entire dish is dumped into an 80 lb wheel of Parmesan cheese and stirred/scraped around before being replated-table side.  I'm telling you, if you like table side guacomole, this will knock your socks off!  Oh, and John had a chocolate martini that was to die for.  Finally, we went to Mass at 10:30 on Sunday and headed to the Capitol Hotel for lunch.  Once again, the pimento cheese and soda crackers were the highlight...that is until the french fries w/ a truffle bernaise dipping sauce came to the table....O.M.G...put a fork in me, I'm done!

Thanks Dad and Suzanne for coming to Little Rock--we love you!  I will now go plan my weekly workout schedule in an effort to work off the 10 lbs I gained in the last 48 hours, thank you very much.

Appetizers before heading to Vesuvio's

No comments:

Post a Comment