Monday, June 10, 2013

Catch Up!

Oh my...no blog posts since Valentine's Day?  Ugh.  I have such good intentions, but then there is the part that takes effort.  That is where I lack.  Ok, over the course of the next week or so, I'm going to try and get caught up on where we've been lately.  We've been busy, as usual, so I want to make sure I have some photos documented...so when we are 90 and we wonder what we did with our lives, I can look back and remember.  Since my last entry, we have been to New Orleans for a surprise 40th birthday party, celebrated a new Pope being elected, Easter, the opening of President Bush's Presidential Library, John's cousin's wedding, mine and Kerry's birthdays, the inaugural weekend at the lake, my last day of work, and the sixth anniversary of losing Mom.  This is not a complete accounting of what all we have been up to, but it is a good start.

Let's start with a weekend trip in March for Michael Murphy's 40th Birthday!

This is AFTER a seven course meal with wine.  It was in the wine cellar at Commander's Palace.  Totally Fantastic!  Thank you for including us.

My honey!  We were the first to arrive because my love didn't want to be late.  He just knew we would "ruin the surprise."  Of course, we were almost an HOUR EARLY.

Not great photo quality...but this is for my "memories" in 50+ years.

They printed the menu on the back of this print.  I thought it was just fabby.

The Columns Hotel.  Looks charming and wonderful on the outside.  Rooms, not so much.  Great bar and patio...scary rooms.

Next, the exciting election of a new Pope!  What a joy to watch the process that is the Catholic Church in electing a new Pontiff to the See of Peter.  I kept being asked "who I was for"...and I found such humor in that.  "I'm for whoever is elected," was my usual response.  Anyhow, our prayers are with Pope Benedict who made the most selfless decision by stepping aside as Pope.  Everyone is saying how Pope Francis is "leading by example!"  Not that it is a competition, but I think that award goes to Pope Benedict.  Never the less, Pope Francis has already been a wonderful Pope.  He is carrying on the  works of Blessed JP II and Pope Emeritus Benedict.  We are a blessed people.

Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy.

Finally, we had a very fun time over Easter.  I had Good Friday off as did John.  We went to Shreveport to spend a night with Dad and Suzanne and then all headed up to Little Rock for Easter Brunch at YaYa's.  Uncle Sirini has started this tradition, and we think it is a good one.  Sadly, I don't have photos of the cousins or Dad/Suzanne.  We did take some photos, but they are so dark, all you see are teeth.  I promise we celebrated this holy day with family!

Dad and I at Cush's in Shreveport.

Suzanne's Easter tulips.


My Easter date.

John & Clay at Brunch

Our "end" of the table.

This is re-cap one.  There are more to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment