Thursday, February 17, 2011

An Arkansas Gem

On January 3, I started my new job with U.S. Senator John Boozman.  I love my job, love working for Senator Boozman--love it all.  My title is Project Director, and my region consists of the Third and Fourth Congressional Districts of Arkansas (give or take a county or two for practical purposes).  We have all hit the ground running, and my 2004 SAAB is racking up the mileage.  Today I met with the County Judges in both Polk and Scott Counties.  I've lived in AR most of my life and was raised in Union County (South AR), but I don't remember ever traveling to Mena, AR.  I think I might have gone there--maybe for a swim meet--but I really don't remember.  As I drove from Little Rock this morning, I passed Hot Springs, Mt. Ida, Royal, Pencil Bluff and finally made it to Mena.  The drive was beautiful--truly beautiful!!  Much of the drive was through National Forest, and there were Ranger Stations and Camping/Hiking/Canoeing markers throughout my drive.  I did a little research when I got home, and they also offer cycling trails, great fishing, and ATV trails (much if not all through the National Forest).  I think in another life I was a mountain woman!!  I would love nothing more than to head back to Mena, AR this summer and take advantage of this beautiful Arkansas gem.






For more information (and easy access for John to plan our summer weekend adventure), the link is below.
 
 http://www.gomenaarkansas.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment